Healthy teeth and gums do so much more than give you a beautiful smile. Countless studies conducted over the past several years have shown that good oral health is a vital and integral part of a person’s overall health. In fact, gum disease has been linked to much more serious conditions, such as heart disease and diabetes. When it comes to ensuring the oral health of you and your family, a consistent oral hygiene routine at home is only half of the equation – the other half involves regular dental cleanings and exams. That’s why we encourage our patients from throughout the Monroe, LA, area to visit our office regularly for professional cleanings and exams
What’s Included in a Dental Cleaning and Exam
Although the specific procedures performed during a dental cleaning and exam will depend to a certain extent on each patient’s oral health and dental history, your dentist and hygienist will most likely perform some or all of the following during your routine visit:
- Thorough examination of teeth for any signs of decay
- Thorough examination of gum tissue to check for signs of gum disease or bone loss
- Thorough examination of existing restorations, including fillings, implants, crowns, etc.
- Examination for signs of oral cancer
- A full set of X-rays, when necessary
- Professional cleaning and polishing by a trained hygienist
- Measuring of gum tissue surrounding teeth to check for signs of gum disease
Our Professional Staff
Drs. Haynes and Sanderson are pleased to employ only trained dental professionals at Apple Dental. Our hygienists have years of experience in working with a wide variety of patients. That means that every member of your family – from the youngest to the most senior – will feel comfortable and at easy during visits to our office.
Contact Us Today to Schedule Your Dental Cleaning and Exam
If you or someone in your family is due for a dental cleaning and exam, contact our office today. We are pleased to serve patients from throughout the Monroe, LA, area, and we would be happy to welcome you to our patient family.