Did you know that 1 in 4 adults have none of their natural teeth left? How can you keep from becoming a statistic? Here are a few tips for safeguarding your teeth against falling out:
- Get your vitamin C. 60 mg of vitamin C per day significantly reduces your chances of getting gum disease, which is the major cause of tooth loss.
- Drink more tea. Who knew black and green teas contain antioxidants that help prevent plaque from forming on your teeth? Tea leaves are also a natural source of fluoride.
- Avoid cotton mouth. A dry mouth is a breeding ground for the gum disease gingivitis. Sip on water or other sugar free beverages or utilize any of the mouth moisturizers on the market today.
- Exercise. You just can’t get awhay from it. Exercise benefits every aspect of your life including dental health so dust off that treadmill.
- Quit smoking. Just quit. I don’t have enough room here to list the problems tobacco products cause.
- Ramp up the omega-3. Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to assist in the healing of gum tissue. The more the merrier.
- Keep up with your cleanings. Make sure that you are visiting us regularly here at Apple Dental. Professional cleanings and check-ups are vital to maintaining your dental health by heading off serious problems. An ounce of prevention is really worth a pound of cure.
Here at Apple Dental, you are more than just your teeth. We know that your oral health is vital to maintaining your overall health which improves your overall quality of life. And we love seeing our clients healthy and happy.